- 3 The Farmer's Hen large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Greek yogurt and/or maple syrup for serving
- fresh berries for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Put a large, oven-safe skillet in the oven while it’s preheating.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Blend until smooth. Let the batter sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Wearing oven mitts, carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven. Add the butter and swirl it around until melted. Pour the batter into the skillet, tilting the skillet if needed to make sure the batter is distributed evenly. Bake the pancake for 10-15 minutes, until puffed up and golden brown at the edges. Remove the Dutch baby from the oven, dust with powdered sugar, slice, and serve right away with yogurt/maple syrup and berries, if using.
A Dutch baby is a giant, skillet-sized pancake, which is so fun to make because it grows and puffs up in the oven. It’s also delicious sliced and served with any of your favorite sweet breakfast toppings, like maple syrup, yogurt, fresh fruit/berries, etc.