Perfect Soft-Boiled Eggs with Everything Bagel Seasoning
For the eggs
- 4-6 The Farmer's Hen large eggs
for the everything bagel seasoning
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp dried onion minced
- 1 tbsp dried garlic minced
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
to prepare the eggs
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Use a slotted spoon to carefully place the eggs in the boiling water, one at a time. Adjust the heat to a steady boil and cook for 7 minutes. Put the eggs under cold water to stop the cooking. Once cool, crack the eggs at the wider end and peel. Slice in half and enjoy, sprinkled with the everything bagel seasoning.
to make everything bagel seasoning
- Toast the sesame seeds and poppy seeds in a small, dry skillet over high heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until the seeds are fragrant and start popping. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add the minced dried onion and garlic, salt, and black pepper to taste. Mix to combine. Store in an airtight container. This recipe makes extra.
These soft-boiled eggs have perfectly jammy yolks, making them a great component for so many dishes. Think avocado toast, salads, grain bowls, porridge, grits, etc. They are also delicious on their own, especially when sprinkled with a crunchy and savory everything bagel seasoning.